I am hoping to get a little more active on the blogging side of things as a lot has changed since the last time I posted anything. Everything from the things I've been learning and studying, to the fact that I run a full-blown brewpub now! Crazy right? Maybe not so much. It seems like everyone and their dog wants to open a brewery these days here now that the barriers to entry have dropped significantly over the last few years.
Anyways, I was going to just make this a placeholder post and delete it later, but I figured why the hell not just make a real post and keep it. Just a rundown of some of the interesting things that I may write more about in the future:
- The family and I opened up Half Hitch Brewing Company in July of 2016, subsequently opening up our restaurant in January of 2017. Can't believe we are about to celebrate our 1 year anniversary of the restaurant!
- Been dabbling around in DJing. Bought a Pioneer DDJ-SB2 to have a little fun with.
- Built up a vinyl collection and have been getting a bit into Hi-Fi audio.
- Did some studying through Coursera on data science.
- Got me into a used Subaru Impreza WRX.
- Been doing a lot of study on engine rebuilding, engine physics and mechanics, as well as forced induction.
- Just recently started learning CAD.
- Had a trip to Japan again, this time with the kids!
- Learned to spraypaint auto body style! Maybe not with spray guns, but learning to use rattle cans to do automotive quality spray painting.
- I've gotten a lot more into enjoying the distilled spirits, namely whiskey. Oh, that delicious whiskey.
- Learning a thing or two about bookkeeping in SAP Business One.
- Did some more podcasting. Kind of dropped off the map for the last few months, but will definitely be picking it up again in the future.
- Food preservation (freezing and canning).
- Intermittent and extended fasting for weight loss.
I know, fairly sizeable list and I could go on. For now, I'll just leave it at that and wonder to myself for a second... how the hell do I have time for this. I guess this is one of the biggest challenges I face. Well, that and having the money to continue with some of it, but certainly the time thing plays a big factor.
For now though, stay tuned!